A procedure has been established for the advance payments that are provided for by the November Assistance Programme. It is the outcome of negotiations between the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy and the Federal Ministry of Finance. Totalling more than €10 billion, the November Assistance Programme provides considerable relief to companies, the self-employed, associations and establishments that are particularly affected by the current coronavirus restrictions. From the end of November, advance payments will be made in order to ensure the money will reach those affected quickly.
said: “These are times that call for unity and mutual solidarity. In this difficult situation, we cannot leave our companies and their employees to cope on their own. Many own-account workers and small companies depend on an early start of disbursement for their survival. That is why we have agreed on a procedure for the advance payments. Applications can be filed from the last week of November 2020. The first advance payments will also be made in November.”
Federal Minister of Finance Olaf Scholz said: “We are facing this pandemic together. This also means that we must provide swift and non-bureaucratic support. We are now paving the way for advance payments for own-account workers and companies. It is vital to ensure that applications and the first payments will be made possible by the end of November. This is good news for the own-account workers and the companies and their employees that have been hit by this month’s measures.”
The details of the procedure for advance payments are as follows:
- Own-account workers are to receive an advance payment of up to €5,000; other companies are to receive up to €10,000.
- The entire procedure from application to disbursement is conducted electronically via the platform www.ueberbrueckungshilfe-unternehmen.de.
- Applications are to be filed from the last week of November 2020 (probably from 25 November 2020).
- The first advance payments are to be disbursed from the end of November 2020.
- The application process is to be straightforward and non-bureaucratic. In order to prevent abuse, procedures will be put in place to verify the applicant’s identity.
The procedure governing the regular disbursement of the November Assistance is being finalised in parallel. It is to start immediately after the advance payments have been made.