Practical example and current challenges
- The use case aims to develop service products for decentralised energy producers and to commercialise renewable energies on the basis of a large number of data. In the process, changing data and operational parameters are systematically recorded and, as a result, the service offerings are optimised.
- Generally, plant operators and marketers interact with different market players and service providers (e.g. grid operators, plant managers, insurance companies) who need systematic access to a wide range of data points. Secure and reliable ICT structures are needed to exchange and access this data.
- The challenges here do not only include the analysis and technological linking of cross-relationships between different actors. In addition, the data sovereignty of the plant operator must be guaranteed, and the legal framework conditions must be met. At the same time, the storage of large data volumes and the access management must be made available on a large scale.
What added value does the "GAIA-X project" offer?
- GAIA-X allows efficient data exchange and access via a secure and reliable data infrastructure.
- GAIA-X enables the granting of various access authorisations and the linking of different actors.
- GAIA-X helps to ensure the data sovereignty of the plant operator as well as compliance with legal requirements.
- GAIA-X enables operators of decentralised plants to record, process and manage all operational and company-relevant data in a secure database. This enables marketing processes and services to be optimised.
Use Case Team
- Björn Spiegel – ARGE Netz GmbH & Co. KG