Representatives of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, Bundesverband WindEnergie, the German Metalworkers’ Union and the power systems branch of the German Engineering Federation met today for a conference entitled ‘Industrie 4.0 – the wind power industry in the new energy landscape’ to discuss future challenges for the industry. These notably included maintaining the competitiveness of the German wind power industry at European and global level and using to boost the development of new innovations.
said: “Technological advancements, the provision of systems solutions and energy efficiency have made the wind power industry a driving force of the energy industry. The goal now is for this sector to strengthen its competitiveness as an exporter of wind power solutions, and to focus on innovation and digitisation.”
Among the key messages of the conference were:
- Ensuring that there is a fair, ambitious and strong domestic market in place.
- Transforming not only our electricity supply, but the entire energy sector.
- Helping the German market drive forward innovation.
- Promoting fair world trade.
- Work 4.0: Promoting partnership and ensuring social responsibility