State Secretary Otto: "Our innovation taskforce offers new advisory services to enhance exports in cultural and creative services"
The "European Markets for Creative Minds" innovation taskforce has taken up its work. It is providing a new package of advisory and information services, which were presented today in the context of the "Dialogue with the Cultural and Creative Industries - Innovation and Creative Marketing in the Performing Arts" event series. The German government is supporting the taskforce under its Cultural and Creative Industry Initiative.
Hans-Joachim Otto, Parliamentary State Secretary in the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology, said: "The performing arts industry has developed very well. Its sales saw growth of 4.6 per cent and stand now at around 3.5 billion euros (in 2010). The innovation taskforce can help this market to open up new international channels of distribution and to further increase the networking with market partners abroad."
The taskforce focusses on the following fields of action:
- Information on international market conditions, taxation, insurance requirements and customs regulations,
- Advice on business concepts, marketing & communication strategies, and on the demand situation abroad,
- Presentation of projects on video, DVD, and promotional material,
- Networking with producers, creative and commercial partners at home and abroad,
- Analysis and building of strategies regarding long-term developments in global markets.
This package of services is aimed at all domestic stakeholders of the performing arts market and is available free of charge. The services are provided by the German centre of the International Theatre Institute.